Last Update: November 11, 2021
OCInsights respects your right to privacy. This Privacy Notice explains how information about you is collected, used and disclosed by OCInsights Inc. (“Company”, “we,” or “us”), the company that provides the OCInsights service. It applies to information we collect when you use the websites including www.ocinsights.ai, app.ocinsights.ai, applications, and online services provided by us in connection with OCInsights (collectively, the “Services”) or when you otherwise interact with us.
OCInsights is a SaaS platform provided by OCInsights, Inc. which is headquartered in the U.S California. We provide talent intelligence and AI recruiting tools to HR professionals allowing them to source and place candidates significantly faster.
Information We Collect About Customers
When you access or use our Services including for a demo/trial, you provide certain information voluntarily, such as:
- name, email address, company name, phone number title, and account password.
- search terms (including keywords and filter values); and
- Any personal information contained in customer support requests.
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: In connection with your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our websites.
- Device Information: In connection with the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Location Information: In connection with your location through various technologies, including by deriving approximate location from IP address and by collecting more precise location via our mobile apps.
- Uploaded Information: Information uploaded to our system by a user of the Services
- Payment Information: Our partners, such as Stripe, may collect financial information (including payment card information) directly from you; however, we will not have access to this information.
Information Collected by Cookies
We and our service providers use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. You may disable the use of such cookies at any time by way of your browser settings.
Information We Collect about Candidates
If you have a profile, resume, or CV on a publicly-available website, we may collect information about you either directly or through third-party providers of such public information. This information is limited to your professional qualifications and contact information and is used solely to provide Services to our customers.
We collect the following categories and types of “Personal Information” concerning candidates.
- Contact Information: your first and last name, email addresses, phone number, and/or mobile phone number;
- Professional or employment-related information: work history, job title, skills, years of experience, and education information;
- Demographic information: billing address, approximate location (at the level of city/metro area only), gender, race, sexual orientation, and immigration (visa) status;
- Photos: your professional social network picture;
- Inferences are drawn from the categories described above in order to make predictions concerning your job-related skills, predicted salary range, the likelihood of being open to opportunities, and potential fit for employer job searches.
- We may infer “likely” personal characteristics of candidates, including gender, ethnicity, and/or country of origin (e.g. from first and last names, country where they attended university, service in armed forces, etc.) to help recruiters easily find highly-qualified diverse candidates.
All the information we collected about candidates is used to allow HR professionals to better source and place candidates.
Use of Customer Information
We may use the information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services and develop new products and services;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, confirmations and invoices, and other support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Company and others; and
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide content or features that match your profile or interests.
Use of Candidate Information
All the information collected about job candidates is used to assist HR professionals to better source and place candidates. If a job candidate wishes to change or restrict the use of their information by the Services, follow the steps in the Your Choices section below.
Sharing of Information
We may share information about you for the following purposes:
- In response to a request for information from a competent law enforcement body, regulator, government agency, court, or third party if we believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by: (i) any applicable law, regulation, or legal process; (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights; or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Company or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Company and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. The specific measure we use, including designing and testing our software to be secure, encrypting all data in transit and at rest, regularly having a third party test our system for security vulnerabilities, and more.
International Data Transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed, in countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country. Specifically, our data centers are located in the U.S.. If you live outside the U.S., then by using our services, interacting with our website, or otherwise providing your personal data to us, your personal data will be transferred to and processed in the U.S..
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax, or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
If you have an account with us, you may update your account information by logging into your online account. To delete your account, contact us at email@example.com. Note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for up to two months.
You may opt-out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt-out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Disputes Regarding Our Privacy Practices
If you have a dispute relating to our privacy practices, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Most can be resolved that way. If you are a customer or a user and we can’t resolve our dispute that way, then please consult your subscription services agreement with OCInsights Inc. For residents of the United States, OCInsights is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
Your Privacy Responsibilities
OCInsights Inc. will follow best practices to secure and maintain the privacy of OCInsights customers. Additionally, OCInsights customers have the responsibility for maintaining the security and privacy of their information in OCInsights by signing out of OCInsights platform when not using the system, not sharing OCInsights login information with others, controlling who they share OCInsights projects with, and securely disposing of any information downloaded or printed from OCInsights.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical, or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Privacy Notice changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws.
You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated by checking the “last updated” date displayed at the top of this Privacy Notice.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
If you are a user located in California, you have the ability to exercise the following rights:
Privacy Notice describes the categories of personal information we have collected, disclosed for a business purpose, or sold over the preceding twelve (12) months. Please refer to the sections headed “Use of Customer Information”, “Information We Collect about Customers”, and “Information We Collect about Candidates” to see specifically what is collected about you.
You are entitled to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you would like to request this information, please submit a request to OCInsights at email@example.com.
You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information, described in the Section “Sharing of Information.” If you wish to opt-out of the sale of your personal information, you can do so by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of your privacy rights under California law.
Any questions about this Privacy Notice or requests relating to the exercise of your data protection rights should be addressed to:
Attn: Legal, OCInsights, Inc.
2550 N 1st St, Ste 100,
San Jose, CA 95131
The data controller of your personal information is OCInsights, Inc.